Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lou Orthos

Admittedly I didn't get a whole lot done this week because I've been preparing for my Advanced Time-Based Projects class exhibition, but I did manage to narrow down Lou's design and come up with a couple of good head orthos. I plan to model this several times this weekend, and then once I have a good feel for facial modeling, I will move on to the body.

Side Ortho
Front Ortho

PS - The idea of modeling the inside of a mouth is daunting to me. If anyone has any advice or tips I would be very glad to hear them. Should I model the tongue hanging out for animation purposes?

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Don't panic about the mouth. Here is what I want you to do: model the lips so that they curve into the mouth (do not model the throat onto the head--it will drive you nuts). Then, model the lower palate (separate object). Copy the lower palate, flip, and adjust to get the upper palate. Then, make the tongue. The last step is to make a half a sphere for the back of the throat.